Technically, any form of engineering process design involves research, finding theoretical solutions, developing a product or process, building it, and then testing it. This might be used in a rebuild project as well, depending on what is being designed.
Irrespective of whether product design involves individual items or an assembly line, process development follows a number of methodical stages:
- Process requirement. Raw material requirements, factory or plant layout, and available technology are assessed. The end objective is defined, and all the different stages, risks, and stakeholders for production are identified.
- Team selection. A team is chosen based on experience and skills required for the task.
- Planning and implementation. The appointed process design team develops policies and procedures as well as a module to be followed. Internal management and external customer approval are obtained.
- Regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the design process is implemented as required and to make certain it will deliver value to the customer.
- Process strategy. In line with process design requirements, raw materials are procured, the most appropriate technologies are identified and acquired, and the customer is consulted for final approval.
The MESH Process Design Service
MESH Automation offers custom process design and construction services. The MESH team of engineers has strong knowledge and experience with industrial processes used by many different industries. These include water treatment, petroleum, pulp and paper, chilled water, hydraulics, and compressed air.
More specifically, our advanced engineering services relating to process design include:
- P&ID and process flow diagrams (PFDs) for chemical processes
- Pump, blower, and other process skid design and build options
- Specialized design and fabrication of process equipment
- Complete control design, build and startup services
- Process equipment specifications
- Piping, instrumentation and insulation specifications.
- Engineering studies
- Technical bid documentation
- Process troubleshooting
- Piping design using 3D SolidWorks software
- UL508a and UL698 purge panels panel building
MESH has a well-equipped, in-house UL508 and UL698 panel shop, CNC machine shop, certified welders, project managers and mechanical, as well as electrical engineering services. Together these bring full-service capacity to any project from small portable pump skids to full-scale factory processes built on site.
Because of the multidisciplinary capabilities of our team, we can control the schedule and offer the best value over our competitors since most can only complete one phase of the entire project. Additionally, our knowledge and personal experience with operating, troubleshooting and repairing process equipment bring a unique and valuable asset to your project.
We can take your process concept or idea and turn it into a pilot or production facility with world-class controls using the latest industrial PLCs and PC or standard human machine interfaces (HMIs). Our controls department has experts in almost all industrial control platforms including Rockwell, Ignition, Siemens, Omron, Wonderware, iFIX and Honeywell.
Processes designed by the MESH team include:
- Blending and batching for paint, plastics, bulk materials and epoxy
- Screw presses, column vessels, debarking drums, and skids
- Industrial water and waste treatment
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and processed chilled water
- Water and hot oil temperature control units
- Saline and phosphate production
- Ethanol production
- Pulp and paper processes including chemical metering
- Boiler cleaning
- Petroleum-based tank farms
We are comfortable, proficient and willing to do any one aspect of your project or provide a full turnkey service. Contact us today to get a free project analysis for your service and design needs.