Database Design & Implemenation
Most information systems today rely on databases, so it is vital that they are designed and built using the best methods to meet user requirements. They should also be robust and easy to both implement and maintain.
Generally, the design and development of any database system follow a series of six phases:
- Strategy and planning that identifies the need for the database and the scope of the system to be designed.
- Requirements analysis that identifies what is required of the system in more detail. This usually includes a conceptual analysis.
- Design of the database using proven data modeling techniques. It is important the design is conceptual as well as logical and physical.
- Development of a structure using a suitable database management system (DBMS). This phase typically includes the development of various applications that create a user interface that consists of reports and forms that will allow controlled access to whatever data in the database.
- Deployment and implementation during which the developed system is tested to be sure it can be deployed and implemented for use.
- Operations and maintenance that continues throughout the lifecycle of the database.
Database Design and Implementation from MESH
MESH Automation offers custom database and design so that customers can organize data for reporting, process efficiency, process management, event retrieval, and other data mining functions.
Our programmers have proven fluency in .Net programming, which gives us the flexibility to customize whatever solutions customers need to manage their processes efficiently.
We use high-performance, real-time databases for historical information. These combine the flexibility and power of relational databases, with the proven compression and speed of a “true process historian.” Ultimately, this enables integration of the office with the plant or factory, or any specific industrial operation that needs to be tracked.
Our database systems are designed to gather a wide range of data, at maximum resolution and at very high rates, ensuring that whoever makes decisions, at any level, has the information needed to initiate and maintain vital initiatives that relate to productivity improvement.
By logging data to a database, we can deliver critical key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports anywhere, at any time. Our databases can be configured for single data collection and aggregation, or they can be designed to form part of larger, tiered architecture systems.
The benefits of databases are varied, but include the fact that:
- They can be designed for all industrial manufacturing and infrastructure operations.
- They enable more accurate decision-making.
- They unify information from multiple manufacturing and HMI/SCADA systems.
- They include flexible architectures that are scalable for applications of any size.
If you are in the market for powerful, reliable database design and implementation services, contact the MESH Automation team today to discuss your needs. We find the best solutions for any business in any industry.