The packaging industry cuts across all other industries, making it possible for manufacturers to distribute and warehouse products of every shape, size, and type. Because industry as a whole is so diverse, the packaging industry must deliver a wide and versatile range of options to suit all needs. It must also embrace change and play a positive role in terms of inspiring new ideas and innovative solutions for customers and end-user consumers.
MESH Automation recognizes that to make an impact on consumers, packaging must be engaging on a personal level, and must deliver to meet consumer expectations.
A recent research report by the highly influential global market intelligence agency, Mintel identified key trends and “next generation” consumer needs, brand challenges and packaging innovations. According to the report, important elements of contemporary packaging currently making an impact in the industry include:
- Digital print that is used to create exciting personal experiences on a larger scale. Instead of using this form of print simply for limited editions, it is making its way into mainstream packaging.
- Clean, clear labeling that strengthens and reinforces brand transparency, helping to build purchasing confidence. This is a result of consumer demand for ingredient information on packaging.
- The use of next generation, flexible hybrid materials that offer both environmental and functional benefits, as well as creating great shelf presence. Previously considered a “compromise,” flexible pouches, in particular, are gaining popularity.
- Credible eco-friendly materials and designs that empower social consciousness. This includes packaging that can be recycled and reused.
- A focus on using the right-sized packaging to meet consumer demands. This relates to a growing consumer demand for smaller packages, for example one-meal servings as well as bigger packs that offer better value-for-money.
- Mobile-engaged packaging that incorporates new technologies, including Bluetooth low-energy and near-field communication.
MESH Specializes in Packaging Automation Solutions
MESH Automation is in a unique position to meet the packaging needs of a vast range of manufacturing customers who need new or integrated packaging equipment and/or processes. In particular, because factory automation is the core of our business, we are able to give our customers a truly competitive edge.
The MESH engineering team has substantial expertise and long-term experience in structural and thermal analysis. Using our core competency approach, our engineers can design, build and automate machines for the high-speed fabrication of a wide variety of packaging materials, from rigid to flexible. They will work with you to develop a customized solution to improve productivity in your packaging processes, whether these require extrusion, thermoforming, molding or other technologies.
We have the expertise and resources in-house to provide the right solution at the best value, always with return of investment (ROI) in mind. We also have all the resources to complete your project on-site, which gives us added control over projects at every stage, from concept and design to build and installation.