Leak Test, Assembly, and Laser Marking Machine
Problem Statement; Customer required an automated machine that could perform post-mold processing, inspection, marking and assembly of a rotary seal product within the molding machine’s cycle rate. Machine to be manned part-time by molding machine operator and meet a safety performance level of E.
MESH designed, and built five machines that accomplished the following tasks;
- Cingulated and fed rotary seals from a cartridge feeder.
- Knife trim of rubber flashing on the I.D. and disposal of waste
- Spare station for future vision inspection
- Mass flow/leak testing station
- Laser engraving of outside diameter
- Cingulated and fed plastic I.D. assembly aid.
- Insertion of a plastic I.D. assembly aid into seal via robot and fixture
- Placement of passed seals on the discharge conveyor in a collated manner
- Placement of reject seals into a locked drawer.
- Keyence laser
- CTS Sentinel Blackbelt mass flow test inst.
- FANUC 200ic LR Mate robot
- Siemens controls
- Robot End of Arm Tool
- Quantity two cartridge style part feeders by MESH with walking beam transfer
- Deflashing arbor and spindle
- Capacity Requirement: 15 seconds / piece
- Seal and Assy Aid infeed capacity: 30 products
- Seal diameter range: 25mm – 150mm
- Laser marking of Julien date code and machine #
- Mass flow 500 scc/m @ 3.6 psig
- Poke Yoke features: Locked reject drawer w sensor detection
- Expected Utilization Rate: 24 hours / 7 days
- Equipment Availability: > 85%
- Pushbutton changeover with no tool feeder change
- 2.4mm cycles (2 years) between rebuild of linear components
The MESH Automation Difference
At MESH, we partner with our customers and aim to exceed your expectations at every step of the project. This means we learn about your production needs and gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of your product and your plant culture before we develop a solution for you. Contact us and we will suggest ways to help you improve productivity that will boost your bottom line.