Nonwoven and Film Converting Machine
An automated machine that provides a four-roll unwind for inline lamination of four nonwoven webs — two on the top and two on the bottom — to a 1-millimeter center cast film. The unique unwind and turn bar system was designed to be removable in under 15 minutes when the customer was not producing this unique laminate. Interface with the cast film line presented unique challenges that MESH overcame using our knowledge of both zero-speed splicing, turning webs with low friction, and reducing web contact with very hot dies and lamination rolls.
- Eight driven spindles
- Four automatic zero speed splice heads designed by MESH
- Four MESH designed low inertia accumulators for tension feedback and capacity during a splice
- Inline lamination low friction turnbar and powered “S” wrap roll system to interface with a Davis Standard cast film line
- Rockwell Controls
- Backplate design for easy operator interface and thread-up
- Small footprint
- Four Accuweb web guides
- 24” diameter rolls, 13” wide weighing 80 lbs capability
The MESH Automation Difference
At MESH, we partner with our customers and aim to exceed your expectations at every step of the project. This means we learn about your production needs and gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of your product and your plant culture before we develop a solution for you. Contact us and we will suggest ways to help you improve productivity that will boost your bottom line.