Robotic Grinding of Small Parts
MESH Automation, located in Dawsonville, Georgia, USA builds custom automation equipment and offers a standard line of pre-engineered machine platforms.
The customer required multiple grinding machines for their line of small castings. The machine would accommodate tray loading and four machines were to be manned by one operator. MESH chose their MACGrind automation platform and integrated their pre-engineered belt/wheel compensation stand, reamer, and pencil grinding stand along with a gripper auto tool changer and regrip station.
- The infeed shown is a rotary table with a quick change, part-specific 3D printed tray.
- Main grinding module is a pressure compensated belt and wheel grinder. Belt is the standard 132” but takes up little footprint. Wheel, plate, or no backing options
- Fanuc M10iD/16S robot with Schunk grippers PGN+ 125 and 80 grippers.
- ATI RCV390 Pencil Grinder
- Reaming station
- Quick change tooling with Schunk tool changer.
- Rockwell Controls
- Production: Cycle Time: 12 - 60 seconds OEE: Over 90%
- Compact footprint
- Industrial grade 14GA powder coated guarding
- Standard full coverage sheet metal guarding with easy access for cleaning and maintenance
- Great value – High capability, quality equipment for a pre-engineered price.
- MAC Control System with a power distribution panel configured for robotic automation