Customized Robotic Case Packing System
Automated Case Packing System
Customer Requirements & Project Info
Customer Requirement: A robotic case packing system that would unfold cases, pick and pack bottles into a case, close and seal the case, label, and offload the sealed case.
- Case blanks were loaded into a fully adjustable case erector.
- MESH’s pneumatic gripper assembly gripped and opened the flat case.
- A shuttle system folded the bottom flaps and sealed them with tape.
- A conveyor moved the bottom sealed case onto an accumulation conveyor and staging area in position for robotic loading.
- An infeed conveyor delivered bottles to the robot. The system packed up to three different bottle sizes.
- A 6-axis ABB IRB1600 Robot with a 12 kg payload and 1441 mm reach was used to pick bottles and pack them in the case.
- PIAB vacuum generator end-of-arm tool was used to pick and place up to 6 bottles
- Packed cases advanced to the top flat case sealer and then to labeling and offloading.
- 90% OEE
- Cycle Rate: 60 bottles per minute
User Friendly PLC & HMI
- Cell overview with status of robot, safeties, mode
- Alarm banner at top of every screen
- Screen navigation and fault reset at bottom of every screen
- Manual control screen for output devices
- Input status screen for all sensors
- Active alarms screen and Alarm history screen
- Product selection screen
- Product parameters edit screen
- Production counters – total parts processed and cycle time.