MAC – MESH Automation Cell
The MAC (MESH Automation Cell) is a professional grade, pre-engineered, robotic-based flexible automation cell. The MAC is ideal for many processes including welding, material removal, material handling, assembly, dispensing, stud welding and machine load unload. The pre-engineered features and options make for a great value with quick deliveries, while also allowing for easy size and layout customization to handle even the most unique applications and raw materials.
The solid build, professional finish, and readiness for industry 4.0 will provide a long life of returns. The pre-engineered features and options make for a great value with quick deliveries, while also allowing for easy size and layout customization to handle even the most unique applications and raw materials.
MESH has partnered with a variety of well-known industry leaders to outfit the MAC with the following top of the line Welding specific components and features:
Welding Power Supply: Fronius, Miller, Lincoln, others
Torch: Fronius, Abicor Binzel, others
|Models||MAC 8x10||MAC 10x10||MAC 10x12|
|Skid nom. dimension||8’W x 10’L x 8’H||10’W x 10’L x 8’H||10’W x 12’L x 8’H|
|Robot qty||One standard (up to two)||One standard (up to three)|
|Sheet Metal Guarding||Yes|
|Windows||One standard (mounted in door)|
|Front Guarding Type||Light curtain protection|
|Industry 4.0 compliant||Yes|
|Guard door type||One standard, 36” wide, swing or sliding door|
|Guard door switch||Power to unlock, (1) E-stop, (3) PB's, escape handle|
|High Voltage Controls||High Voltage Power Distribution Panel|
|Low Voltage Controls (Rockwell)||Rockwell CompactLogix L30, Dual ethernet, Safety PLC|
|Low Voltage Controls (Siemens)||Siemens S7 1200F dual Profinet, Safety PLC|
|HMI (Rockwell)||PanelView Plus 7, Touch Screen, 10.4 inches|
|HMI (Siemens)||SIMATIC TP900, 9 inches|
|Independent shielding gas||SMC brand components|
|Wire pay-off package||Drum or spool, wire straightener with pneumatic feed assist.|
|Torch Maintenance package||Wire cutter, reamer or brush and/or anti-spatter sprayer|
|Safety||Fully Compliant with ISO 12100 and ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012 safety standards. ABB Safemove II, Fanuc DCS or Yaskawa Motoman FSU|
|Connections||Electrical: 460VAC, 30Amp, Pneumatic: 85psi min.|
- Robot(s): ABB, Yaskawa Motoman, and Fanuc brand arc welding robot(s)
- Fixturing: Custom designed and professionally built with features such as remote I/O blocks mounted on each fixture, cleanly run and shielded cables, anti-spatter features such as coatings or shields. MESH partners with Forster America for “T” slot type fixtures.
- Seam finding packages: Abicor Binzel (Scansonic), Meta Vision, SERVO-ROBOT, others
- Stud Welding Equipment: HBS or Nelson
- Single axis turntable
- “H” Frame welding positioner (turntable with headstock/tailstock on either side)
- Single or Multi-axis vertical turntable or Ferris wheel with headstock/tailstock
- Many other types of positioners available
- Locking pins if needed for heavy parts
- Custom positioners
- Robot Carrier or Robot transfer unit: Up to 30’ long with overhead or floor mount, 3 m/s velocity.
- Front Guarding:
- Light curtain or scanner protection
- Solid guarding (integration into a multi-process automation line)
- Fast overhead door
- Fume Collection/Roof: Kemper America exhaust hood with Central Unit, Sheet metal roof, other options
- Windows: Additional polycarbonate or tempered glass windows, tinted for welding, available in any panel larger than 15”.
- Doors: Hinged or sliding door. Multiple doors available upon request.
- Process camera packages: CCTV camera with TV or industrial monitor mounted to the outside of the cell.
- Tool changing drawer
- Industry 4.0 data packages
- 2D and 3D vision packages
- Cell lighting packages
- Video camera packages
The MESH Automation Difference
At MESH, we partner with our customers and aim to exceed your expectations at every step of the project. This means we learn about your production needs and gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of your product and your plant culture before we develop a solution for you. Contact us and we will suggest ways to help you improve productivity that will boost your bottom line.