3D Vision Bearing Inspection Machine
Problem Statement; Customer required an automated machine that could load, unload, and quarantine out of spec roller bearings. Inspection was primarily of the inner cage of roller bearings from 30mm – 150mm OD. The inspection criteria required 3d laser inspection of both sides of the bearing and a controlled rotation of the bearing so that the entire cage was scanned. Cycle rate was proven at <6 seconds and the defects detected were as described below;
- Cage rivet presence
- Cage rivet height
- Missing ball
- Double cage
- Keyence LJV-7080 3d laser
- Four position rotary index dial with quick change tooling.
- Servo motor and pneumatically engaged spindle for controlled turning of the bearings
- Siemens controls
- Lockable reject bin with Poke Yoke features.
- Load and unload mechanism for interface with the customer supplied Flexlink style conveyor.
- Capacity Requirement: <6 seconds / piece
- Bearing diameter range: 30mm – 150mm
- Poke Yoke features: Locked reject drawer w sensor detection
- Expected Utilization Rate: 24 hours / 7 days
- Equipment Availability: > 85%