3D Vision Bearing Inspection Machine
Problem Statement; Customer required an automated machine that could load, unload, and quarantine out of spec roller bearings. Inspection was primarily of the inner cage of roller bearings from 30mm – 150mm OD. The inspection criteria required 3d laser inspection of both sides of the bearing and a controlled rotation of the bearing so that the entire cage was scanned. Cycle rate was proven at <6 seconds and the defects detected were as described below;
- Cage rivet presence
- Cage rivet height
- Missing ball
- Double cage
- Keyence LJV-7080 3d laser
- Four position rotary index dial with quick change tooling.
- Servo motor and pneumatically engaged spindle for controlled turning of the bearings
- Siemens controls
- Lockable reject bin with Poke Yoke features.
- Load and unload mechanism for interface with the customer supplied Flexlink style conveyor.
- Capacity Requirement: <6 seconds / piece
- Bearing diameter range: 30mm – 150mm
- Poke Yoke features: Locked reject drawer w sensor detection
- Expected Utilization Rate: 24 hours / 7 days
- Equipment Availability: > 85%
The MESH Automation Difference
At MESH, we partner with our customers and aim to exceed your expectations at every step of the project. This means we learn about your production needs and gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of your product and your plant culture before we develop a solution for you. Contact us and we will suggest ways to help you improve productivity that will boost your bottom line.