The MACControl is a highly functional and flexible robot cell controller with standard features and component specifications that rival today’s best industrial control systems.
Automated Conveyor Systems
Automated conveyor systems are many times the best choice for moving raw materials, work in process and finished goods. Conveyor system design and type are important to specify correctly to assure that your product does not get damaged, you are getting the best value and the conveyor system is appropriate for feeding your other automation equipment.
Choosing the right type of conveyor requires experience like the professionals at MESH have. MESH manufactures a lot of their conveyors and will develop, build and commission the conveyor control system using their knowledge and proven software techniques to give you the best value and protect your product.
Because MESH is an experienced automation equipment integrator we know how to feed and present your product or raw material to each piece of equipment whether that is a process line, feeder, packaging equipment, existing conveyor system or end of line AGV.
How to Choose an Automated Conveyor System
Many factors should be considered when specifying an automated conveyor system such as;
- Available footprint.
- Conveyor speed, and load capacity
- Backpressure control,
- Conveyor width
- Conveyor side rail system
- Type of conveyor
- Plastic chain and type
- Belt (slider bed or roller bed)
- Belt under roller
- Lineshaft roller
- DC motor zoned roller
- Chain driven live roller
- Single or multi-lane chain conveyor – aka drag chain
- Elevation and floor footprint considerations (forklift aisles, pass thru’s, etc)
- Material construction techniques (to manage corrosion, washdown high temp swings, or other requirements)
- Control system specification – brand of PLC, HMI size and location, panel locations, starters or drives
- Installation specification – cable tray enclosed or open, conduit, drip pans, local disconnects, netting for product fall protection.
- Other considerations like maintainability, component sourcing, jam clearance, walkovers, lift gates.
- Pallet construction and size range.
MESH Automated Conveyor System Customizations
Many conveyor systems need auxiliary equipment to make them work in the manner you need. MESH designs and builds many of these devices such as but is not limited to:
- Slip sheet dispensers
- Pallet dispensers and Pallet stackers
- Stackers for product or raw materials
- Chain transfers
- Reject and product pushers
- Rotating accumulator tables
- Accordion conveyor
- Conveyor lift sections for pass-thru
Automated Conveyor System FAQ
The MACPac (MESH Automation Cell for case opening and packing) is a professional-grade, pre-engineered, robotics-based flexible automation cell.