Autonomous Mobile Robots for Palletizing
Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR), are driverless programmed path carts and forklifts also known as Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV). These machines as integrated by MESH Automation are increasingly becoming the best solution for moving finished goods or raw materials between machines or between production and warehousing. MESH’s multiplatform controls experience, high-level software development expertise, and experience in the field allow us to give you the best turnkey solution and integrate it seamlessly.
Integrating AMRs can be very complicated. MESH brings professional project management and the ability to overcome technical challenges which are essential to achieving a successful AMR project. Because our core competencies and DNA are in robotic automation we bring a distinct multidisciplinary advantage over others who deliver one-dimensional approaches to material handling problems.
MESH partners with Omron and Global AGV to offer a full line of AMRs with turnkey integration services that are proven in the industry.
Capabilities of Autonomous Mobile Robots integrated by MESH Automation
- Omron LD and HD series AMR have a payload range of 60kg to 1500 kg. These AMR’s can handle simple transport delivery and routing operations so your employees can perform higher value jobs. Collaborative, safe and by a respected industrial controls company. All models include Omron’s software and controls allowing it to intelligently navigate around people and unplanned obstacles. For more information about the robots click here. MESH Automation has successfully customized Omron AMR’s by adding the following;
- DC Conveyor top by MESH powered by the AGV.
- Yaskawa, or Fanuc cobot mounted and powered by the AGV and programmed by MESH
- DC powered lift tabletop by MESH
- Custom solution such as electric pushers, blade stops and other unique AMR top solutions.
- Control sensors as needed for interface and load detection.
- Global AGV’s driverless forklift trucks are ideal for automated pallet handling from the ground to 1 meter high. Global has partnered with a well-respected forklift maker for the mechanical portion of the driverless forklift. They added a proven control and sensor package that has all the modern elements for proper integration. For more information about the robots click here.
- LD12 forklift style AMR with 1200kg payload and 1 meter lift.
- LD14 forklift style AMR with 1400kg payload and 1 meter lift. (Pallet type is limited due to extended stability wheels.)
- Load and fork sensors
- Safety scanners and warning lamps for collaborative and safe operation.
- Marshalling detection scanner and intelligent navigation around people and unplanned obstructions.
- Battery type options
Benefits of Autonomous Mobile Robots integrated by MESH Automation.
Autonomous Mobile Robots or Automated Guided Vehicles and driverless forklifts integrated by MESH Automation have many easy-to-justify benefits.
Labor utilization – AMRs and modern driverless forklifts do not need any labor to operate and if properly integrated and specified by MESH Automation, will operate lights out 24 hours a day. AMRs never take a rest or slow down as the day progresses.
Operating cost improvement – AMRs and modern driverless forklifts only require electric utilities and are more efficient in their energy usage than forklifts. No more propane or fuel considerations or infrastructure. Maintenance on forklifts are significantly greater than modern AMRs and driverless forklifts.
Consistent call-up times – Unlike an AMR, waiting for a material handling forklift driver to show up can cause production delays
Safety improvements – Standard forklifts have a horrendous safety record. Accidents with forklifts are also severe and life-threatening. AMRs and driverless forklifts are significantly safer than forklifts and promote a safe environment for your employees.
Footprint reduction – Compared to conveyorized systems or transfer carts an AMR solution frees up floor space and offers more flexibility for future growth or product changes.
Reduction in warehouse floor contamination – Hydraulic oil from forklifts not only is a safety hazard but needs cleaning up. In general, hydraulics are limited or eliminated on some AMRs. Operator abuse, the leading cause of repair needs, is also minimized on AMRs and driverless forklift trucks.