Robotic Orbital Riveter Tending
An automated robotic machine that could pick up and place a shock-absorber rod with washer stack from the input dial, present it to an orbital riveter for nut retention and load a part transfer dial for finished goods exit of the cell. Cycle rate was proven at 8 seconds part to part.
- 100% verifiable orbital riveting force
- Correct path and proper stroke
- Locked bin for rejects
- Poke Yoke features
- GEN 1 MAC Cell with MAC controller consisting of a Rockwell CompactLogix L30ERM PLC with PanelView Plus 6 1000 HMI. Dual Ethernet safety PLC
- Yaskawa MH12 six axis robot
- RNE-331 BalTec Radial Riveter with force reading, path measurement and spindle stroke
- Servo Adjustable Riveter entry height
- Qty two dial feed and finished goods mechanisms. Ingenious mechanism to handle a range of diameters (12mm – 25mm) without change parts
- Locked Reject Bin
- Dual robot gripper to maximize cycle rate
- Servo axis for height adjustment needed for quick change and verifiable machine settings. Range of 100mm to 450mm.
- Productivity: Cycle rate eight seconds
- Quality: 100% verifiable orbital riveting force, correct path and proper stroke with locked bin for rejects and Poke Yoke features.
- Uptime/ Maintenance: The cell achieved an OEE of >85%.
- Changeover time: Less than 5 minutes
- Other: Customer ordered a second MAC gen 1 cell for another assembly project.