Robotic Orbital Riveter Tending
MESH designed, manufactured, integrated and started-up a custom engineered Robotic Orbital Riveter Tending cell.
The cell was used to pick up and place a shock-absorber rod with washer stack from the input dial, present to an orbital riveter for nut retention and load a part transfer dial for finished goods exit of the cell.
- 8-second cycle rate part to part.
- GEN 1 MAC Cell with MAC controller consisting of a Rockwell CompactLogix L30ERM PLC with PanelView Plus 6 1000 HMI. Dual Ethernet safety PLC
- Yaskawa MH12 six axis robot
- RNE-331 BalTec Radial Riveter with force reading, path measurement and spindle stroke
- Servo Adjustable Riveter entry height
- Qty two dial feed and finished goods mechanisms. Ingenious mechanism to handle a range of diameters (12mm – 25mm) without change parts
- Locked Reject Bin
- Dual robot gripper to maximize cycle rate
- Servo axis for height adjustment needed for quick change and verifiable machine settings. Range of 100mm to 450mm.
- Productivity: Cycle rate eight seconds
- Quality: 100% verifiable orbital riveting force, correct path and proper stroke with locked bin for rejects and Poke Yoke features.
- Uptime/ Maintenance: The cell achieved an OEE of >85%.
- Changeover time: Less than 5 minutes
- Other: Customer ordered a second MAC gen 1 cell for another assembly project.
The MESH Automation Difference
At MESH, we partner with our customers and aim to exceed your expectations at every step of the project. This means we learn about your production needs and gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of your product and your plant culture before we develop a solution for you. Contact us and we will suggest ways to help you improve productivity that will boost your bottom line.
Contact us today to discuss how we can develop a manufacturing solution that could help your business optimize productivity, increase efficiency, and potentially cut costs.
Click here to download our brochure and learn more about MESH Automation’s complete industrial and factory automation solutions.