The MACControl is a highly functional and flexible robot cell controller with standard features and component specifications that rival today’s best industrial control systems.
A well-designed and constructed automation system turn a collection of machines and processes into one predictable, safe, and programmable machine with minimized human and forklift touches. This predictability allows the responsible production personnel to optimize the parts and processes and to gain optimum unit costs, volume, and quality. The programmability of the cell allows the plant to run a range of parts or processes with the investment for only one asset.
Robotic or flexible automation causes you to review your process steps, organize your environment, and limit the human and fork truck touches. Automation typically provides for faster speeds, improved OEE, and improved quality resulting in more output per unit of time.
The Financial Benefits of Factory Automation
- Efficient use of capital. Robots have a residual value and may be redeployed. Programmable or flexible automation has an overall higher intrinsic value than fixed equipment.
- Inventory value embedded in the process is typically reduced by 10 to 30%.
- Tax benefit. Present and future savings improve as automated equipment meets the IRS guidelines for accelerated depreciation.
- Strategically smart. Your customers will appreciate technology of this type. Modern manufacturing techniques will establish your company as a leader in your industry.
- Direct labor savings. One robot can provide the labor equivalent of 3 to 5 people or more per shift and will work on a 24-hour basis, without breaks, or sick days.
- Indirect labor savings. With reduced direct labor your overhead will be reduced proportionally.
- Workers compensation and safety expense savings. Automation dramatically reduces your repetitive motion and other safety liabilities.
- Wear and tear on tooling. Tool wear is usually less in an automated process due to the improved consistency of handling of raw materials.
Improve Your Process with Automation
- The overall throughput of quality parts will improve. An automated process represents the pinnacle of value-added-only operations combined with limited human and fork truck touches, and if chosen and integrated, 100% inspection.
- Shorter manufacturing cycles for your product and improved ability to optimize production planning and to run small batches.
- You will see predictable material handling and process times.
- Increased productivity. An automated machine or system will perform multiple processes thus adding value with no human intervention.
- Increased machine utilization is realized mainly due to the implementation of balanced workflow principles; where the robot cooperates with fixed or adjoining processes to optimize throughput for each part and process condition.
- Automation reduces scrap and part defects and associated costs.
- The steps necessary to automate usually require positive work to be done on raw material variability thus improving your end quality and uptime.
- Consistent production information locally or through a network can be automatically acquired and used for prioritizing your resources.
The MACGrind is a professional grade skid mounted finishing cell designed for finishing small and medium sized parts where process flexibility is paramount.
The MACMegaGrind is a professional grade finishing cell designed for finishing larger parts or where a heavier duty payload robot is required.
The MACStud3D (MESH Automation Cell for stud welding) is a professional-grade, pre-engineered, robotics-based flexible automation cell.
The MACStud2d (Gantry format for automated stud welding) is a professional-grade, pre-engineered, gantry-based flexible automation cell.
The MACJoin is a professional grade skid mounted assembly platform designed for inserting joining aids such as rivets into small to large parts.
The MACLean is a line of equipment platforms designed for assembly processes in a small footprint.
The MACTend is a professional-grade skid-mounted tending cell designed for material handling and machine tending of small and medium-sized parts.
The MACPac (MESH Automation Cell for case opening and packing) is a professional-grade, pre-engineered, robotics-based flexible automation cell.
The MACPal is designed for robotic palletizing of cases, totes or bags.
The MACPal “OF”– is designed for robotic palletizing of mixed cases.